Friday 1 July 2011

Booking Through Thursday

Another meme. Booking through Thursday asks

What’s the largest your personal library has ever been? What’s the greatest number of books you’ve ever owned at one time? (Estimates are fine.)
Is your collection NOW the biggest it’s ever been? Or have you down-sized?
What’s the fewest number of books you’ve ever owned (not counting your pre-reading years)?

I am beginning to live a relatively minimalist lifestyle which means I'm downsizing everything including my books. When I went overseas a couple of years ago I had to get ride of a lot of my belongings and now that I've come back to my home country I enjoy the freeness and flexibility that comes with owning less stuff. So my library tends to only contain books that I haven't read and books that I absolutely love and would definitely read again and again (and non fiction books like cookbooks that I use all the time). So at the moment my collection probably sits at about 30-40 books. It is constantly revolving and changing which I love.

Even during my greatest hoarding days I probably only owned about 100-200 books. So definitely not the largest library out there.

And the fewest books I've ever had in my posession is when I left NZ and headed off overseas with just 2 books in my backpack :) Book swaps and libraries became essential for me.