Wednesday 27 July 2011

Wednesday New Read Roundup 27/07

One of the best things about starting a book blog is finding all the other great bloggers out there and getting fantastic recommendations for great books. So welcome to my new weekly update detailing any new reads I have added to my TBR list thanks to some of the great blogs out there.

See my full To-Read list at goodreads.com.

  1. Thanks to the wonderful review by Helen at Helen's Book Blog I have just placed Sisters of the Sari (Brenda L. Baker) on my list. I love reading books in new locations and India is such a fascinating country this had to go on my to-read pile.
  2. I have a love for all things aviation so when I spotted this review at Dolce Belleza I knew that Night Flight (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry) would definitely make my list. The fact that it's an international novel too is just a bonus.
  3. Absolutely love historical fiction but haven't read too much in the 1920s so looking forward to The Return of Captain John Emmett (Elizabeth Speller) reviewed at Book World In My Head.
  4. The moment I started reading this review by Bippity Boppity Book on the book Moloka'i (Alan Brennet) about a leper island in Hawaii in 1891 I knew I would want to read it. Not only have I never read a book set in Hawaii before and would love to learn more about the history of such a beautiful place, but I have previously read a book about a leper island which I absolutely fell in love with. The Island (Victoria Hislop) details the story of an island leper colony in Greece called Spinalonga. It was such an eye opener to learn about what the leper colonies were really like and it's a subject that I'd love to read more on. So I've definitely got this one on my list now.
  5.  I have also put I Capture the Castle (Dodie Smith) on my list thanks to the review at Sophia's Book Blog.
  6. Gotta love a bit of historical fiction. And I'm a bit over The Tudor saga so Reign of Madness (Lynn Cullen) set in the Spanish Monarch could just be the thing for me.  Thanks Jennifer @ Rundpinne for the review. 
And since I'm all about the book covers. Here they all are:

Sisters of the SariNight FlightThe Return of Captain John Emmett
Moloka'i
I Capture the CastleReign of Madness