Wednesday 3 August 2011

Wednesday New Read Roundup 03/08

I have a bunch of new books added to my list. Book blogs are dangerous! My list is getting so long.

See my full To-Read list at goodreads.com.

  1. I love me some historical fiction. And even better when it's about someone I have heard of but know very little about. And so Madame Tussand (Michelle Moran) reviewed by Cat @ book magic makes my list.
  2. I am actually a little torn about putting Snow (Orhan Pamuk) on my list. It's set in Turkey which is a location I have not travelled to in my books so that makes me want to read it. But the amount of political elements in the book puts me off a little bit. So I'm not sure. Reviewed by bibliojunkie.
  3. Jerusalem Maiden (Talia Carner) looks fantastic thanks to a review at bookwormwithaview.
  4. A collection of bed time stories for grown ups? Sounds awesome. Thanks curiositykilledthebookwarm for reviewing Stories for Nightime and Some for the Day (Ben Loory).
  5.  Over at thebookgatherer I read about Mudbound (Hillary Jordan) set in 1946 about a young woman leaving the city to live with her new husband on a Mississippi farm.
  6. And finally a book set in Iran about a group of women reading forbidden western literature. Reading Lolita in Tehran (Azar Nafisi) reviewed at shelovesreading.
A great selection if I do say so myself!

Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French RevolutionSnowJerusalem Maiden: A Novel
Stories for Nighttime and Some for the DayMudboundReading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books


If you want to create your own new read roundup post feel free to do so and post the link to your blog in the comments below. Happy reading everyone!