Wednesday 10 August 2011

Wednesday New Read Roundup 10/08

A weekly post to highlight new books added to my To Read list thanks to all those other great book bloggers out there.

See my full To-Read list at goodreads.com.

  1. So far I have only been adding books after they have been reviewed by a book blogger but today there is an exception as Cat at bookmagic has posted about two books she is about to read and they both sound so good and exactly the type of thing that I love that I've added them straight away without a review. Gillespie and I (Jane Harris) set in 1888 Scotland and Corrag (Susan Fletcher) about the MacDonald massacre of 1692 are both going on my list. In fact the premise of Corrag is especially intriguing for me as I have been to Glencoe and was fascinated about it's history while I was there. I have even been to the Clachaig Inn pub for a wee dram.
  2. How Green Was My Valley (Richard Llewellyn) reviewed by sophiasbookblog sounds like such a beautifully written book about life in Wales. I have spent some time in Wales and absolutely loved the incredible landscape of the place and their absolutely un-decipherable written language.
  3. A book review that starts with "My favourite read this year" is definitely worth paying attention to and Goodbye Sarajevo (Atka Reid and Hana Schofield), a story about two sisters during the Bosnian War is definitely going on my list. Thanks to thebookgatherer.
  4. If you haven't spotted the top ten Tuesday meme hosted by broke and the bookish you should definitely have a look. This weeks theme is top ten underrated books which is a great way to showcase some good reads you may not have heard about! Already added Avalon (Anya Seton) thanks to brokeandthebookish.
  5. From the top ten at thebookgatherer I have added The Red Scarf (Kate Furnivall) set in 1930s Russia, and although I don't read YA something about Amy & Roger's Epic Detour (Morgan Matson) really intrigues me and hey you've got to step out of your comfort zone every once and awhile right?!
  6. From the top ten at thekindredscholar I definitely want to read The Red Tent (Anita Diamant), a book based on a biblical women? Yes please! And Cutting For Stone (Abraham Verghese) sounds like a great book. I don't know how it has slipped me by. And well I couldn't help putting People of the Book (Geraldine Brooks) and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan (Lisa See) on the list too.
  7. And finally from the top ten at readingrambo, Auntie Mame (Patrick Dennis) will be a great read if I can get my hands on it.
Phew! What a week!

Corrag: A NovelHow Green Was My ValleyGoodbye Sarajevo: A True Story of Courage, Love and Survival. Atka Reid, Hana SchofieldAvalon: A Novel
The Red ScarfAmy & Roger's Epic DetourThe Red Tent: A NovelCutting for Stone
People of the Book: A NovelSnow Flower and the Secret Fan Publisher: Random House Trade PaperbacksAuntie Mame: An Irreverent Escapade

If you want to create your own new read roundup post feel free to do so and post the link to your blog in the comments below. Happy reading everyone!