Monday 10 October 2011

It's Monday. What are you reading? 10 Oct 2011

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey to outline what you have been reading and what you plan to read this week.









Well things still haven't eased up too much but hopefully they'll be back to normal by the end of this week. I did however manage to finish To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee) which of course was a great book so now I just need to find the time to write up my review.



I'm doing something a little bit different for my next book. Because I'm actually reading 2. I don't do this often as I don't enjoy reading more than one book at once but this time it was essential. I have just started to read Fall of Giants (Ken Follett) which is HUGE. One of my book club borrowings, Fall of Giants is set during World War I, this epic novel hasn't been getting great reviews but only a few chapters into it and I am hooked. Hopefully it keeps up the story pace. Since it is so large there is no way I will be taking it on the bus with me so I needed a smaller book too. I decided to grab Inconceivable (Ben Elton) off the shelf as I felt like something light-hearted would be different enough from the other book that I wouldn't have any issues reading them at the same time.

Plus a friend of mine has lent me another book they think I'll really like called Up Country (Nelson Demille). I'll admit I know nothing about this book other than it is set in Vietnam (a place I have been obsessed with ever since I visited it) as it was only just dropped onto my desk about 2 hours ago! How exciting.


Enjoying a much needed break on Sunday night. With Fall of Giants, a glass of Baileys and watching the All Blacks playing in the rugby world cup. Fantastic!