Monday 18 June 2012

It's Monday. What are you reading? 18 June 2012


It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey to outline what you have been reading and what you plan to read this week.











I have not had a great start to the week, my work laptop has decided to go into retirement which means I am now about to be two days behind in work as I obtain a new one and re-install a million programs and restore my backed up data. Thankfully my trusty old macbook is still running strong (best laptop I have ever purchased in my life by the way) and so I may not be able to do any real work but I can check my emails and update my blog posts so not all bad right?!

This weekend we had the Ulysses readalong for Bloomsday organised by O which was a whole lot of fun. I've only started the book but I had a lot of fun reading various blogs, and reading guides and articles about James Joyce.

I am a bit behind in my review write ups. I'm still finishing off To the Lighthouse (Virginia Woolf) and last week I finished two books so those reviews will be on their way too; Anatomy of a Disappearance (Hisham Matar) and The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald).

This week I'm going to continue reading Ulysses and start reading The Odyssey which I'll be doing for awhile so I won't keep telling you every week about it. I have a couple of smaller books waiting in the wings to read in between my big chunk of a books when I need a bit of a break. So expect the odd scattering of a review here and there.

This week's top 3 in my last.fm profile:
Sam Amidon - Relief
Emily Jane White - Black Silk
The Mynabirds - Body of Work